Since being designated as a land-grant school in 1890, a key part of Lincoln University's mission has been the teaching of agriculture and science. It's a mission we still take seriously today and fulfill in large part via our Cooperative Research and Cooperative Extension programs.
Lincoln University Cooperative Extension (LUCE) aims to enhance the quality of life for people throughout Missouri with limited access to resources. Specifically, our programs address the needs of small farm owners throughout the state. We teach key skills relating to sustainability, leadership, agricultural innovation and more so farmers throughout Missouri and beyond can keep up with a changing economy and continue to meet the needs of their customers.
We utilize research-based education and engagement at local, state, regional, national and international levels to achieve our goal. Extension specialists, located primarily on Lincoln's main campus, facilitate extension and outreach programs covering essential subject areas that are relevant and positively impact those living in Missouri.
We also have educators in Urban Impact Centers in both Kansas City and St. Louis, as well as Southeast Missouri outreach centers in Sikeston, Lilbourn and Caruthersville.
To learn more about our Cooperative Extension programs and to see how you can contribute, please contact us or follow the links below.
Programs and Projects
- Agricultural Economics and Marketing
- Community and Leadership Development
- COVID-19 Response Team
- Diversity Programs
- Hemp Institute
- Human Resource Development
- Innovative Small Farmers' Outreach Program
- Integrated Pest Management Program
- Kansas City Urban Impact Center
- Paula J. Carter Center on Minority Health and Aging
- Small Ruminant Program
- Socially Disadvantaged Farmers and Ranchers (2501 Program)
- Southeast Missouri 1890 Extension Program
- Specialty Crops
- St. Louis Urban Impact Center
- Wildlife Science
- Youth Development and 4-H Program
103A Allen Hall
900 Chestnut Street
Jefferson City, MO 65101
P: (573) 681-5375