College of Lake County
Lincoln University of Missouri (LU) is partnering with College of Lake County (CLC) as a guaranteed admission partner. Through the Guaranteed Admission Program, you will be enrolled as a student at both LU and CLC and then may transfer to LU after meeting certain criteria, including specific coursework and a minimum number of transferable credit hours. Students who meet the requirements and receive admission into the program will also receive the Lincoln Connection Scholarship, which affords them in-state tuition.
At Lincoln and CLC, education is within reach! At Lincoln, you will find power in together — where the people walking beside you, those who came before, and those leading the way are all here for your success. One of a select group of HBCUs in the nation, Lincoln offers flat-rate tuition, plus merit and need-based scholarships, to help transfer students find success and achieve their dreams.
- Students have completed both Eng 121 and EITHER ENG 122 OR ENG 126 with grades of C or higher to meet the English profiencieny requirements of Lincoln University. Students will not need to submit separate proof of English proficiency at the time of application.
- Students must have graduated from high school (as evidenced by a high school diploma or GED) and complete a minimum of 24-30 transferable credit hours and maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale on all transferrable course work taken at the College of Lake County prior to admission to the Guaranteed Transfer Admission program.
- Students are expected to enroll and complete general education and coursework required for admissions into their Lincoln University degree program within three years of initial enrollment in the Guaranteed Transfer Admission program with a maximum of 60 credit hours that will be applied to their baccalaureate degree. Courses numbered lower than 100-level and courses not deemed transferable are not included in this agreement.
- Students must authorize the College of Lake County and Lincoln University to disclose their educational records, including but not limited to, academics, admission, financial aid, and advising information as appropriate and to participate must sign the required participation form. By signing the participation form, students agree to allow the two institutions to share information and to allow the student to take advantage of the reverse degree process portion of the Guaranteed Admission program. Students may also receive communication from Lincoln University informing them of presentations, workshops, activities, student events, and visits.
- Students must be in good standing at College of Lake County at the time of transfer. Students must adhere to each institution’s standard policies and procedures including but not limited to those dealing with admission, enrollment in courses, transfer credits, financial aid, student conduct and discipline academic probation, dismissal and reentry.
- Students who achieve a transferable GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale will have guaranteed admission to the Honors Program at Lincoln University and will also complete the additional required application materials to be admitted into the Honors Program.
- During enrollment in the Guaranteed Transfer Admission program, Lincoln University will advise students to discuss academic program requirements and transfer credit policies. It is recommended that students track their degree progress by working with their transfer advisor at the College of Lake County and Lincoln University.
- Students are guaranteed the Lincoln Connection Scholarship which affords them in-state tuition.
Students are eligible to transfer into more than 30 undergraduate degree programs at Lincoln University. Not sure what major you want to study? Use our Find Your Major tool to find the major that is best suited for you.
- Environmental Science
- Fine/Studio Arts
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Drafting Technology
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Liberal Studies
- Social Science Education
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Use Navigate to schedule an appointment with your Academic Success Advisor (ASA) to start planning out your Guaranteed Transfer Admission Pathway, or contact the Advising Center at (847) 543-2060 for scheduling information. Advising Centers are located on the Grayslake Campus, B118, Lakeshore Campus, N211 and Southlake Campus, V130.
- Complete the Guaranteed Admission Participation Form (PDF) early in order to ensure accurate course selection for the student’s desired program at Lincoln University.
- Review the Lincoln University College Guaranteed Admission Agreement (PDF), which outlines the requirements that must be met in order to guarantee admission.
- Apply to Lincoln University.
- Request official transcripts from CLC and other educational instituions you have attended.
Ready to get started?
Office of Undergraduate Recruitment and Admissions
Young Hall Room B-7
820 Chestnut Street
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.