Leading the way with the nation’s only HBCU law enforcement academy.
Lincoln University is the first and only Historically Black College and University (HBCU) to house its own police academy. Launched in 2021, the Lincoln University Law Enforcement Training Academy (LULETA) has received national recognition and praise for its aim to recruit and train minority law enforcement officers.
As an HBCU, Lincoln University offers an emphasis on diversity and mutual respect not found at other colleges.
Why study Criminal Justice at Lincoln
- Study multiple aspects of criminal justice, such as social theory and law enforcement, as you explore the United States' legal process.
- Work with the best: Most LU criminal justice faculty members have terminal degrees in their fields and/ or extensive practical work experience.
- Customize your degree: Tailor electives for the specific corrections, criminology, or law enforcement career of your choice and/or roles in correctional facilities.
Associate of Arts (A.A.) in Criminal Justice Administration
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration
Master of Arts in sociology/Criminal Justice
Choose a minor to enhance your CJ program.
- African American Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Legal Studies
- Political Science or Social Science Education
- Social Work
Certifications are available for entry-level positions in the following areas in Missouri:
- Corrections officers
- Fire investigators
- Police dispatcher positions
Students can earn these certifications by completing 12 hours through the LU Police Academy.
Working a criminal justice field can lead to many different paths.
The following are common careers for those with CJ degrees:
- Law Enforcement
- Correctional Investigator
- Department of Justice Educator
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Homeland Security Official
- Immigration Officer
- Juvenile Officer Probation/Parole Officer
- Missouri Highway Patrol
Additional scholarship available to criminal justice students.
LINCOLN UNIVERSITY ADVANTAGES
- Affordable tuition
- Scholarships, grants, veteran assistance, work incentive and payment plans
- Small class sizes
- Field education with approved agencies
- Qualified, dedicated faculty
- Academic resources and advising
- Internship opportunities
- Lincoln University Law Enforcement Training Academy
"I've grown so much. I have gained so much knowledge, confidence in myself, and I can say this career is for me. I'm willing to take on every obstacle that comes my way." Ti'aja Fairlee (LULETA 2021 graduate from east St. Louis, MO)