Email & Account Info Help
Email FAQ for New Office 365 Staff and Faculty Users
There are two ways to log in:
- Clicking the Faculty/Staff Email icon on the Faculty and Staff Portal on the website will log you into the web interface, similar to the previous Outlook Webmail.
- From the homepage, click Quick Links and then Email for Office 365 Users link to go to the sign-in page. You can also click here.
You may now enter you email address (e.g. LastnameF@lincolnu.edu) and Lincoln password. You will be taken to the Office 365 landing page where you can access your mail, contacts, calendar and other available web applications. To get to your mail, click the icon for Outlook.
- In order to continue using your email on the desktop, you will need to install Office 2016. If for some reason you have not yet been upgraded or are unsure of which version of Office is installed on your desktop, please contact the HelpDesk.
- At initial sign-in it may take several moments for your emails to appear, depending on the number of messages in your mailbox this process can be a quick as a few minutes or as lengthy as an hour or more.
- Sometimes you may be asked for your username and password by Outlook 2016, your "username" for Outlook is your email address - LastnameF@lincolnu.edu, when prompted, please enter your email address in the field for username. Occasionally, this prompt may appear several times - enter the information and it should start working again.
- Archived emails will not be automatically moved. To find and open archived files in Outlook 2016, please contact the HelpDesk for instructions.
- Confirm your mailbox is operational by sending a message you your designated ITS contact.
- Confirm that you can receive mail by having someone else send you a message, if you have not already received one.
- Confirm you have access to any applicable alternate email addresses and/or distribution lists.
- Confirm you have access to other calendars, if applicable.
- Confirm email signatures are still availble.
- In order to view your emails on a mobile device, we recommend downloading the office Microsoft Outlook app from your device's app store and adding your account to the app. For detailed instructions please Office 365 Email on iOs and Adroid.
- If you want to use the application(s) already installed on your phone, we advised you that each device and application work differently. However, you will need to access the application settings and/or account list and create a new account. The steps that follow vary depending on the types of accounts supported by application.
- If the app supports: "Outlook", "Exchange", of "Office 365" account types:
- If the application shows you the Microsoft sign in screen, complete the fields with the information as if you were logging into the Web Version of Outlook (instructions provided here).
- if the application asks you for more information, use the following:
- Server name: outlook.office365.com
- Username: your full email address (e.g. LastnameF@lincolnu.edu)
If this is unsuccessful try adding "LU\" before the email address
- If the application supports IMAP or POP3 (may appear as 'manual configuration'):
- IMAP/POP3 server name: outlook.office365.com
- IMAP Port: 993
- POP3 Port: 995
- Encryption: SSL/TLS
- SMTP server address: smtp.office365.com
- SMTP Port: 587
- SMTP Encryption: STARTTLS