| || |
Help Desk Information
Office of Information Technology
Top OIT Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I turn my computer off before I leave work?
- Yes, shutting down your computer daily releases all system resources and rebooting allows the operation system to repair itself if errors have occurred.
- What if I need additional software installed on my computer?
- Lincoln University owns a site license for McAfee Antivirus and selected Microsoft applications, including Office, Word, Excel, Access, and others. Contact the OIT helpdesk to arrange installation of any of these programs. Other software may be purchased by your department; contact your supervisor to inquire about requisitioning.
- What if I need to move my computer to another location?
- Relocation of equipment, including computers is handled by the Buildings and Grounds department. Please contact OIT before having your equipment moved. We will prepare the equipment for transport, and hook it up again in its new location.
- How do I reduce the size of my mailbox? (faculty)
- The easiest way to reduce the size of your mailbox is to delete unnecessary email.
- You can also delete large file attachments..
- Open Outlook, click Tools, and click Mailbox Cleanup.
- Be sure "Find items larger than" is selected and input a value in the textbox (250 is the default). Click Find...
- You should have results similar to below, select messages to delete. If you like, you can sort on the Size column by clicking the Size column header.
- Go back to Mailbox Cleanup. Click the Empty button next to the Deleted Items section.
- What is PII?