Residential Life Checklist
Suggested items for students living in residence halls
Room and Bath Supplies
- Pillow, comforter and blankets
- Twin sheets
- Towels and washcloths
- Bath mat for suite-style rooms
- Area and/or throw rugs
- Non-halogen lamp and light bulbs
- Alarm clock, Desk Lamp
- Flashlight with batteries
- Mirror ( 3M hooks encouraged… no nails or screws allowed)
- Toilet paper (provided only in community bathrooms)
- Trash can(s) and trash can liners
- Plastic food storage containers with lids
- 3M Command adhesives
- Posters and pictures
- Message board and dry-erase markers
- Calendar or planner
- Pens, pencils, notepads, notebooks and binders
- Sports equipment
- Umbrella or other rain gear
- Lock box and padlock for closet doors
Laundry and Personal Hygiene Supplies
- Detergent, fabric softener or dyer sheets
- Laundry bag or basket
- Auto-shutoff iron
- Cleaning supplies
- Broom, Dustpan, Vacuum
- Soap, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hair Care Products and Combs/Brushes
- Shaving or makeup items
- Shower shoes and shower caddy
- Clothing (Professional, Business Casual, and Leisure)
- Warm Coat, Gloves, Scarf, and other Personal Clothing
- Dishwashing Soap
- Computer with Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet cable
- Cell phone and charger
- Power strip and surge protector (UL approved)
- Gaming system
- Music player, radio and alarm clock
- DVD player
- TV and Coaxial cable (6-10 feet)
- Microwave and Microwave safe dishes
- Mini Refrigerator (Must have Surge Protector)
- Dishes and Plastic Drinking Glasses
DO NOT BRING (items will be confiscated)
- Decorations that are flammable or combustible.
- Extension cords or power strips without a reset switch.
- Hot Plates, Toasters, Toaster Ovens, Electronic Skillets.
- Space heaters, ceramic heaters, electric fireplaces, etc.
- Other cooking appliances (i.e. George foreman grills, pizza ovens, open coiled appliances, burners).
- Grills, Charcoal, Camping Stoves, Lighter Fluid, Flammables, and Compressed Gases.
- Equipment, furniture, décor that block exits or will not fit into the room with our furnishings.
- Candles, Candle Warmers, Incense, Incense Burners.
- Halogen Lights, Octopus Lights, Lava Lamps, Oil Lamps, and non-UL approved items.
- Decorations that may contain obscenities or be deemed offensive.
- Decorations that may cause damage to walls, furniture, doors, woodwork.
- Pets, Hoverboards, Alcoholic Beverages or Containers.
- Illegal Drugs or Paraphernalia.
- Dart boards that have metal tipped points, weapons, and items that may be mistaken for weapons.
- Road signs, License Plates, Emergency Lights, Road Cones and other such items without proof of ownership.
- Fog and smoke machines, waterbeds, water pillows, and masonry or concrete cinder blocks.
Any other items listed in the student Handbook or Residential Life Rules and Regulations.