Kansas City Urban Impact Center - Youth Futures
Program Title: Youth Futures
Program Location: Kansas City
- Provide academic counseling and college preparedness activities to 5th through 12th grade Youth.
- Teach leadership, mentoring, teamwork, social and life skills.
- Assist students with application process for college, scholarships and financial aid.
- Recruit students for Lincoln University.
- Assist students with increasing ACT scores.
- Assist students with community service
- Assist students with improving their GPAs.
Summary of Work: To successfully increase the percentage of students who attend a four year college, enhance their academic achievement, improve ACT scores and make them aware of scholarships and monies available for attending college.
- Impact: In 2004 had student improve ACT score from 13 to 22 after completing the ACT Prep Courses.
- In the Fall of 2004 there will be approximately 6 to 8 students attending Lincoln University from the Youth Futures Program.