A controlled facility is available for the storage of University records. This facility is for use by the custodians of records for the University and is intended for secure storage of University records that must be maintained for a set period of time. Please review the recommendations of the State of Missouri prior to submitting records for storage.
The following are the procedures for receiving records for storage:
- All records received for storage must have a Records Management Box Label, a Records Management Transmittal Form, and must be stored in a regulation box.
- Information is available from the Missouri Secretary of State website regarding which records must be stored and for how long by department. (Click Department of Higher Education, Lincoln University and appropriate department.)
- The box label and transmittal form must be completed and approved by the department head before records will be stored.
- The destruction date must be in accordance with the Missouri Secretary of State guidelines.
- Any non-permanent records needed for an extended time past the requirement must have a reasonable destruction date.
- Although Purchasing will be responsible for maintaining the inventory of all records received for storage, each department must keep their own inventory of records stored. .
- Purchasing will also maintain a check in/out sheet for any record a department might need to retrieve while in storage. Unsupervised access will not be permitted.