Federal Direct Loan Requirements
Please note: ONLY THE STUDENT SHOULD COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS! If anyone else does on the behalf of the student, they are violating federal laws since the e-signature is meant for secure authentication. Parents should not be completing this process for the student. Since the loans are in the student's name, the student will have to repay them therefore the student is required to complete the process.
The following is the Federal Direct Loan process:
- For ALL students requesting loans, you must complete the following loan requirements:
(1) Accept Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans on Web Advisor,
(2) Lincoln University Student Loan Request Form,
(3) Entrance Loan Counseling*, AND
(4) Electronically signing a Master Promissory Note (MPN)* for your Federal Direct Loan.
*You can complete these two items at the same website: http://studentloans.gov.
- We will receive verification via email that you completed the Student Loan Request Form and a response from the US Department of Education that you have completed the Entrance Counseling session and MPN.
Please make sure you keep copies for your records!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the
Office of Student Financial Services at (573) 681-6156.