It's important to understand what's involved when you secure your financial aid - we're here to help you every step of the way. Let us know or stop by to see one of our experts.
To receive federal aid from most financial aid programs you must:
- have a financial need, except for some loan programs;
- have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate;
- be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working towards a degree or certificate in an eligible program (degree-seeking);
- be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- have a valid Social Security Number;
- complete courses at a satisfactory rate;
- sign a statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) certifying that you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes;
- sign a statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) certifying that you are not in default on a federal student loan and that you do not owe money back on a federal student grant; and
- register with the Selective Service (if required).
A new law suspends aid eligibility for students convicted under federal or state law of sale or possession of drugs. If you have been convicted of drug possession, you will be ineligible for one year from the date of a first conviction, two years after a second conviction and indefinitely after a third conviction. If you have been convicted for selling drugs, you will be ineligible for two years from the date of a first conviction and indefinitely after the second conviction. If you lose eligibility, you can regain eligibility early by successfully completing an acceptable drug rehabilitation program.
There is always a question of whether a student is an independent or dependent student. Please check out the dependency requirements.
Office of Student Financial Services
820 Chestnut Street, 103 Young Hall
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Phone: (573) 681-6156*
Fax: (573) 681-5871
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday
Summer Session Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM, Friday: CLOSED
*We have implemented an automated message to better assist students/parents when contacting our office. There are several menu options, please listen closely to the items. If one is not stated that will assist you, please press #0 for a customer service representative.