Filing an Appeal
Any student wishing to file an academic appeal must submit a ARC Appeal Application Form , and any supporting documentation (if necessary) to the Chair of the Academic Routine Committee.
The steps of an appeal process are outlined below:
- Submit a ARC Appeal Application Form
- Submit any supporting documentation with the appeal (i.e. proof of attendance at tutoring and/or mentoring, medical documentation, letters of support from faculty/staff, family, etc.)
- The appeal is heard by the Committee
- A recommendation is made by the Committee to the Vice President of Academic Affairs/Provost
- A decision from the Vice President of Academic Affairs/Provost regarding the appeal will be sent to the address the student supplied on the ARC Appeal Application Form
NOTE: Appeals submitted by any individual other than the student will not be considered for review. They will be considered supporting documentation and the appeal will not be heard until such time that an appeal is submitted by the student.
An online submission using the ARC Appeal Application Form is the preferred method for submitting an appeal to the Academic Routine Committee. However, please call (573) 681-5026 to verify your appeal was received. An appeal can be submitted in writing following the Instructions for Filing an Appeal. All appeals may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPEALS FOR REINSTATEMENT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE DATE.
If a student misses the deadline, the student will be notified by email that their appeal will NOT be reviewed for the upcoming semester. Additionally, the student will be forwarded a Returning Student Checklist outlining the steps the student needs to take upon their return to Lincoln once their suspension has been completed.
Appeal decisions will only be provided in writing via email to the email address listed on the ARC Appeal form that was submitted. If you wish to have the decision delivered to a different email address, please send the request to email@example.com.
A decision regarding your appeal will be provided to you in writing from the Office of the Vice President of Academic Affairs/Provost following a recommendation from the ARC. Original decisions are kept in the Office of the Vice President of Academic Affairs/Provost. No appeal decisions will be given over the phone.