Lincoln University requests that departments select vendors who accept purchase orders. However, if the vendor does not accept purchase orders and requires a prepayment, Purchasing must be notified and formal verification will be made. If it is verified that the vendor does not accept purchase orders, the following steps must be followed:
- Submit a Request for Check Form to Accounts Payable along with an estimate of the total costs.
- Pick up the check up from the Cashiers.
- Take a copy of Lincoln University's tax-exempt letter to a vendor when making the purchase. The tax-exempt letter is available at Accounts Payable, the Cashiers, and the Office of the Controller.
NOTE: Failure to use the tax-exempt letter could result in state sales tax being charged on the purchase. This is NOT reimbursable by the university so the requester would be responsible for any sales taxes paid.
- If there is any unused cash remaining from your purchase, return funds to the Cashiers within one working day. The Cashiers will provide you with a cashiers receipt.
- Within one week from receipt of check, submit the original vendor receipts along with the cashiers receipt of unused cash from the Cashiers (if applicable) directly to the Accountant I-AP in Young Hall: Room 204.
NOTE: Do NOT leave these receipts with the cashier or place them in the Accounts Payable inbox.