The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) gives students the opportunity to receive college credit for what they already know by earning qualifying scores on examinations. Each CLEP exam is 90 minutes in length, with the exception of the College Composition exam, which is 120 minutes in length. A printed copy of unofficial test results will be handed to students upon completion of the exam. The College Composition exam must be submitted to the College Board for scoring; exam results will be mailed to students approximately 4 weeks after the test date.
Students are not permitted to take a CLEP exam if any one of the following conditions are met (Undergraduate Bulletin):
- The student is currently enrolled in the course
- The student has previously earned a "D", "F" or "W" in the course
- It is within 30 calendar days of the student's expected date of graduation
Note: Students requiring special accomodations should consult the test brochure and follow the instructions for requesting special testing accommodations.
Students must also inform the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) of their request in advance. Failure to do so might result in the inability of the OIRA to accomodate students on test day.
On Examination Day:
- Arrive on time
- You will not be admitted after testing has begun.
- Bring 2 forms of acceptable identification
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are required to enter the building and must be worn at all times
- Bring sharpened soft lead No. 2 pencils with good erasers
Please note that space is limited and admission is granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
$30.00 payable to LU + cost of CLEP test (paid to College Board)
Copy of reciept from Cashier's Office must be presented prior to testing.
Tests will be administered in 108 Young Hall at 8:30 a.m.
Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA)
108 Young Hall