The Employee Wellness Program will be developed and managed by a new staff member to be hired in the coming weeks. A key element of this program is the employee health risk assessment, which is designed to ensure that each employee takes the time to evaluate their own health needs. During the first year of implementation, Lincoln will work to ensure that at least 80% of employees participate in the assessment.
This effort will enhance the university’s relationship with its faculty and staff in the following areas:
- Improved physical and mental well-being of the university administration, faculty and staff.
- Strengthened performance of all employees.
- Reinforcement of the importance of health, encouraging employees to help care for one another and their students.
- Earlier diagnosis of health needs among employees.
- Decreasing cost to the university health plan.
- Improved employee satisfaction and morale.
With a focus on the employee health risk assessment, the initiative is poised to foster a culture of health, enhance performance and contribute to the overall satisfaction and morale of the university community.