Victim's Rights in Cases of Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, or Stalking
Lincoln University has prepared the following information below to meet the notification requirements concerning student/employee rights and options for victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking. These requirements can be found in the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013 ((VAWA), Public Law 113-4). Among other provisions, this law amended section 485(f) of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA), otherwise known as the Clery Act (20 U.S.C. 1092(f)).
Public Law 113-4 Section 304(a)(8)(C) states…..
"A student or employee who reports to an institution of higher education that the student or employee has been a victim of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking, whether the offense occurred on or off campus, shall be provided with a written explanation of the student or employee's rights and options.."
Lincoln University Police Department
Click Here for the Lincoln University Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking Policy website
Click Here for the full pdf version of the Victims' rights in cases of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking
Click Here for a pdf version of the trifold handout of Victims' Rights (2 page version)
The Victim's Rights document will contain information on the following items:
- Possible sanctions and protective measures following a crime of rape, date/acquaintance rape, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking.
- Procedures victims should follow if a sexual offense, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking has occurred.
- University responsibilities in regards to orders of protection.
- Procedures for institutional action in cases of alleged domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking.
- Confidentiality of victims
- Counseling services
- Options for changing academic, transportation, living and working situations.
Last Revised January 2019