Policy on Cheating
Cheating shall be defined as a student's unauthorized use of any materials, aids, information or assistance in doing any work required as part of a course.
- Any student guilty of cheating will be reported in writing to:
- The department head and the dean of the college of the course involved;
- The department head and the dean of the college in the student's major.
- Any student found guilty of cheating may receive, at the discretion of the instructor, a failing grade in the course.
- Disciplinary action for cheating may include:
- suspension for one or more semesters;
- exclusion from selected programs of study;
- permanent expulsion from the University.
- Procedures for implementing Policies 1 and 3 (when action is recommended) shall be the responsibility of the appropriate academic unit.
All students accused of cheating have the right of appeal through normal channels.