Accreditation and State Authorization
This mark signifies that Lincoln University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and a member of the North Central Association (NCA). HLC's most recent comprehensive evaluation of the University was completed in 2013. Clicking the image will direct you to more specific information about the University's accreditation status on the HLC website.
Because institutions necessarily evolve over time, HLC regularly collects information from each to ensure they are still operating in a manner that warrants accreditation. At Lincoln University, an annual Institutional Data Update is completed by the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment and the Office of the Provost.
To learn more about the HLC visit their website at http://www.hlcommission.org
Further questions regarding the University's relationship with the HLC should be directed to the Office of the Provost (firstname.lastname@example.org).
While accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission extends institution-wide, several colleges, schools, departments, and programs within the University seek and maintain accredited status with other bodies, as well.
· National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
Teacher education programs are accredited.
· Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE)
All teacher education programs are approved.
· Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs
· Missouri State Board of Nursing
The associate of applied science in nursing program is approved.
· Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
The associate of applied science in nursing and the bachelor of science in nursing programs are accredited.
The University also holds institutional membership in the following organizations:
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- American Library Association (ALA)
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE)
- Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP)
- Association of 1890 Land-Grant Universities
- Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (AEJMC)
- Association of Continuing Higher Education (ACHE)
- Black College Communication Association
- Council of Historically Black Graduate Schools (CHBGS)
- International Science and Engineer Fair (ISEF)
- Missouri Academy of Science (MAS)
- Missouri Library Association (MLA)
- Missouri Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (MACTE)
- Missouri Society of Association Executives (MSAE)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- National Association for Business Teacher Education (NABTE)
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- University Professional and Continuing Education Association (UPCEA)
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU)
- National Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU)