Academic Strategic Plan
The division of Academic Affairs supports the mission of the university by encouraging excellence and innovation in teaching, scholarship, research, student development and community engagement. To this end, Academic Affairs fosters a culture of academic excellence, the efficient use of resources, active community engagement and partnerships to prepare students for a lifetime of professional and community contributions in an increasingly interdependent and culturally diverse world.
The division of Academic Affairs at Lincoln University fosters student success with integrity by maintaining a collaborative, dynamic, and intellectually vibrant atmosphere in which diversity is cherished, innovation is expected, and excellence is celebrated.
- PROMOTING STUDENT SUCCESS Lincoln University's commitment to students is at the core of its mission.
- ADVANCING ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE Academic excellence is essential to any world class university. The ability to attract and develop faculty, staff and students is a high priority. A rigorous and targeted review process for academic programs can identify possible mergers and realignment of programs to provide cost-saving opportunities and operating effectiveness and innovation.
- SUPPORTING RESEARCH, CREATIVE AND INNOVATIVE ACTIVITIES Because knowledge is not only cumulative, but it is often evolving and transmissible, we expect our faculty to be actively engaged in research and its dissemination. The University should also work to expand faculty-student research and creative opportunities in an effort to share thoughts, expand the University's brand and excite our students' interest in research.
- RECOGNIZING EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE Faculty, staff and students who achieve at high levels not only make important contributions to the University but also serve as role models for others.
- BUILDING STRONG EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS Lincoln University's engagement with city, state, national and international communities broadens the experiences of faculty, staff and students and increases the University's influence in the global environment.