Welcome! You are about to embark on fascinating areas of study that use science to address some of the world's most critical issues, such as human and animal health, world hunger and climate change. The faculty and staff of the college are devoted to supporting the growth and development of the renowned scientists and entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
I encourage you to form and maintain meaningful relationships with your instructors, advisors and other support staff on campus. The staff and faculty have made a commitment to use their time, talents and intellectual resources to mentor you to success.
Secondly, I encourage you to create opportunities to apply what you are learning. Under the auspices of the college are Cooperative Extension and Research, three farms, three urban impact centers, three rural outreach centers, a center on health and aging, collaborations with hospitals, demonstration sites around the state of Missouri and a host of researchers working both nationally and internationally. Consider investing some time in practical experiences because they will augment your college career and increase your marketability upon graduation.
This is an exciting time within the college. We have completed a master plan to convert the 280 acre Alan T. Busby Farm to showcase integrated management systems for aquaculture, grazing management, power generation and water conservation. This will occur through outreach and Extension programs, university classes and research. This farm is located eight miles southwest of the university campus off Highway 54. Development of the fully functional system will occur in stages with the first stage of construction being – a water reservoir.
Other highlights include: (1) the development of an algae research laboratory to study the use of native species of algae in biodiesel production, (2) a new state-of-the-art adaptive optics and nanophotonics laboratory, and (3) purchase of new equipment for science laboratories.
Please feel welcome to contact me or one of the department heads if you have any questions regarding our programs.
We are looking forward to our work together and your graduation!
Dr. Majed El-Dweik
Dean of the College of Agriculture, Environmental and Human Sciences
112 Bennett Hall
824 Chestnut Street
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Phone: (573) 681-5552
FAX: (573) 681-5520
- Monthly Highlights from August 2021
- Monthly Highlights from July 2021
- Monthly Highlights from June 2021
- Monthly Highlights from May 2021
- Monthly Highlights from April 2021
- Monthly Highlights from March 2021
- Monthly Highlights from February 2021
2020 Archives (Click to expand)
- Monthly Highlights from December2020 and Januaray 2021
- Monthly Highlights from November 2020
- Monthly Highlights from October 2020
- Monthly Highlights from September 2020 (New Format!)
- Week Ending August 31, 2020
- Week Ending August 21, 2020
- Week Ending August 7, 2020
- Week Ending July 31, 2020
- Week Ending July 24, 2020
- Week Ending July 10, 2020
- Week Ending June 26, 2020
- Week Ending June 12, 2020
- Week Ending May 29, 2020
- Week Ending May 22, 2020
- Week Ending May 15, 2020
- Week Ending May 8, 2020
- Week Ending May 1, 2020
2019 Newsletter Archives (Click to expand)