The Lincoln University Cooperative Extension Youth Development office is designed to build programs that further life skill development and academic achievement of at-risk, high risk, underserved and minority youth populations in Jefferson City and surrounding areas in Central Missouri.
LUCE Overall Youth Development Goals:
- The Lincoln University Cooperative Extension Youth Development (YD) goals are to improve outcomes for at-risk, high-risk, or underserved youth and reduce negative outcomes, such as juvenile delinquency, gang participation. Our aim is to improve academic performance, and reduce school drop-out rates through YD programming and mentoring.
- Our Goal is to build a robust, statewide youth development system that engages youth, in constructive ways, to develop strengths, promote civic engagement, healthy living, science education and leadership skills.
- Our Goal is to serve various underserved audiences, including at-risk youth and military families, through diverse programming efforts incorporated within our camps, clubs, afterschool programs, conferences, summits and other educational experiences.
- Our Goal is to position Lincoln University Cooperative Extension as the leading research and youth development education agency in the State of Missouri working amongst underserved communities within our satellite regions.
Lincoln University's Four Pillars of Youth Development Programming
(Obesity Prevention, Academic Achievement, Entrepreneurship, and Leadership Development)
- Leadership Academy – Summer Camp (Grades 11 and 12) Speak with Legislators on Issues that Promote Civic Engagement.
- Bullying and School Violence
- Local Youth City Councils
- Suicide Prevention Program
- LU 4H Club (Fall/Spring) Grades 10 through 12)
- Fatherhood Initiative
- M2EN Network
- Young Medics Camp
- Outdoor Rangers Camp
- Sports Camp
- Hip Hop and Literacy Camp
- Gathering of Kings and Queens Camp
- Project 14-Peer Crisis Intervention Program
- AG Discovery Camp – Regional Summer Camp
- AG Discovery Camp – Statewide Program
- Social Cinema – Social Justice Advocacy Program
- Girls Empowerment Zone
- Lincoln University Q&A College and Career Readiness Forum
- Sound Academy
- Cultural Arts Camp – Paint
- Music and Creative Arts Program
- College and Career Readiness Program (Academic CPR)
- College Tour
- ACT/SAT Prep Program (Academic CPR)
- LUCE Partnership with Community Colleges (Statewide)
- Virtual Summer Camp Experience
For more information contact:
Dr. Adrian Hendricks II
Adrian Hendricks II, M.Ed., M.AR.
State Specialist - 4H and Youth Development
304 Allen Hall
900 Chestnut Street
Jefferson City, Missouri 65101
Phone: (573) 681-5523
Fax: (573) 681-5546
Ms. Callie Newsom
Area Educator - Youth Development
Mr. Keverick Wilson
Area Educator-4H Youth Development
202 Allen Hall