- What is the Definition of a Campus Security Authority (CSA)
The Clery regulations found in 34 CFR 668.46 defines a Campus Security Authority in the following manner:
Campus Security Authorities (CSA)Examples of CSAExamples of individuals NOTconsidered CSAA dean of students who oversees student housing, a student center or student extracurricular activitiesClerical or cafeteria staff.A director of athletics, a team coach or a faculty advisor to a student group.A faculty member who does not have any responsibility for student and campus activity beyond the classroom.A student resident advisor or assistant or a student who monitors access to dormitories.A coordinator of Greek affairs.A physician in a campus health center
- A campus police department or a campus security department of an institution.
- Any individual or individuals who have responsibility for campus security but who do not constitute a campus police department or a campus security department under paragraph (1) of this definition, such as an individual who is responsible for monitoring entrance into institutional property.
- Any individual or organization specified in an institution's statement of campus security policy as an individual or organization to which students and employees should report criminal offenses.
- An official of an institution who has significant responsibility for student and campus activities, including, but not limited to, student housing, student discipline, and campus judicial proceedings. If such an official is a pastoral or professional counselor as defined below, the official is not considered a campus security authority when acting as a pastoral or professional counselor.
It will be the role of the CSA's to be there for students as someone to whom they can report crimes, look to for guidance if they have been victims of a crime, or ask if they simply need advice as to whether or not they should report an incident. If an individual chooses not to report a crime to LUPD and chooses the local police, CSA's can assist an individual in contacting the appropriate authorities (Jefferson City Police Department or Cole County Sheriff's Office). Please note that on-campus crimes reported to these agencies will typically be referred to LUPD, since it is the local law enforcement agency that has the jurisdiction for Lincoln University. The CSA's will not be responsible for taking any actions in regards to suspected perpetrators of a crime, nor are they to make any judgments as to whether or not a crime took place; they are simply responsible for reporting crimes to the Lincoln University Police Department.
The CSA's are also not responsible for convincing victims of a crime to contact the police if victims do not want the police contacted. LUPD will send all Campus Security Authorities an annual request for information on crimes which were reported to them for inclusion in the crime statistics as required by law under the Clery Act for all Institutions of Higher Education that receive federal financial aid. The statistical information collected for this report will not contain any names or specific locations to maintain the confidentiality of a victim.The following programs and offices of Student Activities & Greek Life, Residential Life, Student Development/Civic Engagement, Student Health Services, Athletics, Career and Academic Support Services, LU ROTC, Ft. Leonard Wood Campus Nursing Program, and the Dean of Students have CSA's that are responsible for reporting information.Crimes may be reported anonymously by going to the following website and completing the anonymous report form. The completed form will be automatically e-mailed to the LUPD. E-mails can also be sent to email@example.com.
- CSA List
The following programs and offices listed below have CSA's that can assist an individual that would like to report a crime:
Location (Campus Map)
202 Jason Gymnasium
B-11 Young Hall
301 Young Hall
Lincoln University Department of Nursing (Ft. Leonard Wood Campus)
Building 733 Colorado Avenue, Fort Leonard Wood, MO
1118 Chestnut Street
903 Lafayette Street
301 Young Hall
210 Scruggs Center
210 Scruggs Center
822 Lee Drive
Title IX Investigator, Jim Marcantonio
101 Young Hall
- CSA Training