Jump Start Program
Dear Future Lincolnite!
Welcome to Lincoln University. Since academics are so important to success in college and in life, you are invited to participate in the Jump Start Program this summer. Jump Start is a 6-week program of study (June 18-July 26, 2018) for incoming freshmen students who want to begin their program of study during the summer of 2018. Students can take up to 7 credit hours of course work or as few as 3 credit hours (1 course).
The summer program courses are designed to focus on skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, social, emotional health, work ethic, community responsibility, self-control, self-regulation, persistence, academic confidence, teamwork, organizational skills, creativity, and communications skills.
By participating, you will have an opportunity to take courses that will:
- Prepare you for your academic career
- Shorten your academic career in college by earning credits
- Start building friendships with the Class of 2022 Cohort
First time freshman who have been fully admitted – ACT of 18 or higher and 3.0 high school GPA a on a 4.0 scale or ACT English sub-score 15-17 and 2.5 – 2.75 high school GPA on a 4.0 scale – may take 3 to 6 credit hours of course work. First time freshman who are conditionally admitted – Missouri residents with a high school diploma or GED certificate with less than a 2.0 GPA - must take GE 102 and 3 to 6 credit hours of course work. In addition, those who are conditionally admitted will become participants in the Infantry Scholars and Women's Resource programs, both of which provide emotional and social support, during your freshmen year.
Students taking 6 credit hours or more, commuter or residential student, may be eligible to use Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) to help cover the cost of attendance. To use FAFSA, students and parents must complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA for summer 2018 and 2018-2019 for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Residential students participating in the program will the opportunity to:
- Have first pick of their room in the residence halls and be able to remain in their assigned rooms during the academic year;
- Receive early advising for the summer and fall semesters;
- Have a summer break between classes and Fall Freshmen Week;
- Complete financial aid packaging for the summer and 2018-2019 academic year; and
- Engage with the campus and Jefferson City community through a number of activities
To participate in the program, students must complete the following:
- Registration and information form (click the button to the left)
- The 2017-2018 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) prior to May 31, 2018 to cover summer courses. Lincoln University School Code: 002479
- The 2018-2019 FAFSA to cover the 2018-2019 academic year course work (Link is same as above, but you must select 2018-2019 to apply for aid for the new school year)
- Register for Summer Freshman Orientation session