Learning In Retirement
The mission of Learning in Retirement, Inc., through its affiliation with Lincoln University, is to provide continuing learning opportunities and to promote sharing of ideas, knowledge and experience for retirees and/or seniors in Jefferson City and the surrounding area.
- Meetings - Semiannual membership meetings welcome prospective members and our membership of more than 400 individuals.
- Newsletter - Available at the end of June and end of December. Click here to view the current Newsletter. The newsletter contains interesting information about:
- Courses - A variety of short courses are available to members throughout the year. New courses are announced each winter and summer. Click here for the current course registration form.
- Travel - Members may participate in trips to various sites of interest. Trips may vary from one day up to several days, both within the state and out of state. These trips are announced on a semi-annual basis. First come, first served. Click here for the current travel registration form.
- Clubs - Clubs, such as creative writing, bridge and book clubs, offer members an opportunity to meet, explore and enjoy their interests. Click here for a list of current clubs offered throughout the year.
Become a member:
Dues are $40.00 per person per year. An individual may join anytime during the membership year (January – December). A new member who joins after June 30 of each year will pay a membership fee of $25.00 covering the remainder of the calendar year. Mid-year membership applies to a person who has never belonged to LIR or who has not been a member for at least a year. Membership forms are available by clicking here or by calling or emailing the LIR office.
The Learning in Retirement Office is located on the Lincoln University Campus:
Learning in Retirement, Inc.
Soldiers Hall, Room 7
P.O. Box 105166
Jefferson City, MO 65110
Office Hours: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (Monday-Thursday)