Information for Guests
Due to the current and ongoing forecast, today's Commencement exercises have been moved to Richardson Fine Arts Center. Doors will open at 9 a.m. The processional will begin at 10 a.m.
Parking and Shuttle Service
For the Commencement Day ceremony on Saturday, May 11, all campus parking facilities will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, with the exception of those reserved for our graduates and other special guests. There will be no charge for parking on campus. The Jefferson City High School parking lots across from the LINC will also be available to guest at a first come, first-served basis at no charge. Trolleys will provide shuttle service from the parking lots to Dwight T. Reed Stadium.
Please allow ample travel time with traffic and be aware of pedestrians in the area. To ensure emergency access, all roadways must remain clear of parked vehicles.
Photography and Videotaping
Personal audio/video taping and photography during the Commencement ceremony are prohibited. Families may also order professional photographs of graduates.
Video Request Form
- Family and friends wishing to take photographs of candidates are asked to do so either before or after ceremonies.
- Personal audio-video taping and photography during the Commencement ceremony is prohibited.
Information for Mobility Impaired Guests
Please note: Lincoln University does not provide wheelchairs for mobility-impaired guests. It is strongly encouraged that guests bring their own wheelchair.
Mobility impaired guests may either park or be dropped off at the south entrance of Dwight T. Reed Stadium with a companion to accompany them. Upon entrance into the event area, there will be hosts and hostesses available to identify their seating area.
The Commencement exercise is a formal academic ceremony. We ask that all guests respect the ceremony, graduates and other guests by behaving in the dignified manner that the occasion merits. In keeping with decorum and the Lincoln tradition, we ask that guests adhere to the following guidelines:
- Keep all confetti, balloons, and noisemakers outside of the Stadium.
- Food, beverages, or rude and disruptive behavior will not be permitted. Security personnel will be on-site to enforce these restrictions and prevent disruptive behavior
- Cellular phones should be turned to their silent operating modes to help ensure that all guests can hear and enjoy the graduation activities
- During the reading of the names of the graduates, we ask guests to be considerate in their applause so that all names are heard clearly and the ceremony is not disrupted. We ask that you express your excitement in ways that will not prevent others from hearing the speakers and enjoying the ceremony
- Please remain in your seats for the duration of the ceremony until after the recessional. Please do not block the aisles or passageways by attempting to greet or take photos with graduates. THE WALKING TRACK WILL NOT BE ACCESSIBLE before, during and after the ceremony.