USDA/1890 National Scholars Program
Application deadline is Monday, April 11, 2016. Use only the 2016 USDA/1890 National Scholars Program Applications (November 2015) versions available below. (Previous versions of the National Scholars Program Application will not be considered.)
The USDA has recently announced that the Scholarship Program now has two components for applicants:
1. High school seniors: USDA/1890 National Scholars Program 2016 High School Application
2. College/university students entering their sophomore or junior year at an accredited school in the U.S.: USDA/1890 National Scholars Program 2016 College Application
The purpose of the USDA/1890 National Scholars Program is as follows:
- To strengthen the long-term partnership between the USDA and the 1890 land-grant universities.
- To increase the number of students studying agriculture, food, and natural resource science or other related disciplines.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) and a composite score of 21 or more on the ACT (see the "General Eligibility" section of the application), for high school applicants.
- Study agriculture, food, natural resource sciences or other related academic disciplines.
Of interest: DAES Mission Enhancement Scholarship Application