Meet the Faculty
Professor of Soil and Environmental Science
Department of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
103A Lorenzo J. Greene Hall
900 Leslie Blvd.
Jefferson City, MO 65101
- Ph.D. & M.S. from Iowa State University
- B.S. From University of Tabriz, Iran
Soil fertility & nutrient management; efficient use of fertilizers; soil enzymology; pesticide biodegradation.
Frieda Eivazi is Professor of Soil and Environmental; she has adjunct appointment at University of Missouri-Columbia (UMC). Her present research is on development of the bioremediation techniques to be applied to point-source contamination of widely used pesticides for crop production. Dr. Eivazi has been the PD or Co-PD of many research projects funded by different agencies and has numerous peer reviewed publications including two book chapters. Eivazi has served in national review boards or panels for NSF, EPA, and USDA and is member of editorial review board for the Journal of Plant Nutrition, and Communications in Soil and Plant Analysis, and Journal of Soil Ecology.
- Kennedy, A.C., Banks, Mona-Lisa, Robert J. Kremer, and Frieda Eivazi. 2013. Soil microbial community response to surfactants and herbicides in two soils. Applied Soil Ecology (in press).
- Banks, Mona-Lisa, Robert J. Kremer, and Frieda Eivazi, Peter P. Motavalli, and Kelly A. Nelson. 2013. Effects of selected surfactants on nutrient uptake in corn (Zea mays L.). Journal of Plant Nutrition (in Press).
- Nigel O Hoilett; Robert J. Kremer; Frieda Eivazi; Keith W Goyne, Nsalambi V Nkongolo, and Ann C Kennedy. 2013. Soil enzyme activity associated with greenhouse gas efflux from a hardwood forest in central Missouri. Journal of Applied Soil Ecology (in Review).
- Yang, J., and Eivazi, F. (2011) Ecological risk reductions of lead-contaminated mining sites by the in-situ phosphate treatments. Progr. Environ. Sci. Technol. (3):768-773
- Nkongolo, N. V., S. Johnson, F. Eivazi, and K. Schmidt. 2010. Greenhouse gases fluxes and soil thermal properties in a pasture in central Missouri. J. Env. Sci.22 (7): 1029-1039. DOI :10.1016/S1001-0742(09)60214-X
- Eivazi, F. 2008. Effect of simultaneous application of different pesticides on select soil enzyme activities, Journal of Environmental Monitoring & Restoration 5:30-40.