Social Media Quick Guide
Compiled by Ricky Dana – Web Design Specialist – LUCER Media Center
Setting up your own Facebook account (you need this to do anything on Facebook):
Pages are for businesses, brands, organizations, and public figures to share their stories and connect with people. Like profiles, Pages can be customized with stories, events and more. People who like or follow a Page can get updates in News Feed.
To create a Page:
- Go to facebook.com/pages/create.
- Click to choose a Page type.
- Fill out the required information.
- Click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: Anyone can create a Page, but only official representatives can create a Page for an organization, business, brand, or public figure.
See tutorial at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFGAH5X7Rfw
Learn how to create your YouTube account at: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/161805?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
How do I create an Instagram account?
To create an Instagram account, you will need the app on your smartphone or tablet:
- Download the Instagram app from the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play Store (Android).
- Once the app is installed, tap to open it.
- Tap Sign Up With Email or Phone Number (Android) or Create New Account (iPhone), then enter your email address or phone number (which will require a confirmation code) and tap Next. You can also tap Log in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
- If you register with your email or phone number, create a username and password, fill out your profile info and then tap Next. If you register with Facebook, you'll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you're currently logged out.
Find out what a hashtag is and how to use them at: https://blog.hootsuite.com/how-to-use-hashtags/