Office of University Relations (OUR) Procedures
- All requests for public or internal release of information must first be approved by the submitting department's dean and vice president.
- Information for public (press releases/website calendar) or internal (UR postings) release should be submitted electronically to the OUR through email or on disk after receiving approval from the dean and vice president. Phone calls requesting information be posted will not be accepted, nor will hand delivered hard copies.
- Please compose the information you would like to be released. All information must be complete, accurate and ready for publication. Include a contact person for those seeking further information. The OUR reserves the right to edit information for content and grammatical accuracy. If major changes are required, the information will be returned to the submitting department.
- Information for on-campus communications should be submitted by the close of business the day prior to release. If the communication contains time sensitive material, please contact the OUR at ext 5580.
- For areas without a web content manager on staff, in need of website postings to the calendar, please submit at least five working days in advance of the event. Please include all pertinent information including the date, time, location, cost if applicable and contact information.
- Information for press releases should be submitted at least one working day in advance of desired release. If a release contains time sensitive material, please contact the OUR at ext 5580.
- Those desiring photos from the OUR archives must complete a Photo Request Form. Forms should be submitted to the OUR front desk. Requested photos will be presented on a disk. Please allow two working days for completion of a photo disk. If you desire printed photos, please allow three working days for completion of prints. A maximum of three photos will be printed per request. Those needing more than three photos should seek outside photo printing services. Same day requests will not be honored.
- Those desiring photography services from the OUR must complete a Photography Request Form. Forms should be submitted to the OUR front desk. Requests for photography must be made at least five working days prior to date of service. Same day requests will not be honored. Photos will be presented on a disk within two working days of photo shoot.
- Those desiring any other work from the OUR must complete a Publication Request Form. Forms should be submitted to the OUR front desk.
- Print ads, brochures and other works not created by the OUR must still meet the branding guidelines of the university, to include proper logo, colors and/or slogan if applicable. Please allow five working days for the OUR’s review of the work.
Submission deadlines are as follows:
Flyers and other single-page works- 5 working days
Billboards/Print ads/Brochures and up to 4 pages- 10 working days
Annual reports and other works with 4 or more pages- 1 month
All above mentioned forms are also available in the OUR office, located in 303 Young Hall.