Resources for LU Students, Faculty, and Staff
The following is a full list of resources available to employees, students, and the general public to help stop using tobacco or manage cravings if you choose to do so:
** Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT patches and/or gum) will be provided at NO COST to those students, faculty or staff who are actively participating in one of the denoted programs.
Student Health Services
Individual cessation counseling and group classes are available to help students be successful in quitting tobacco. We can help you explore options, including medications and behavior changes, and pick strategies that work for you! Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT patches and/or gum) is offered to ALL students, faculty, and staff at NO COST.
Call (573) 681-5878, (573) 681-5476 or email StudentHealth@lincolnu.edu
- Tobacco Free U - Offers college students free on-line information, guides, and resources related to tobacco and quitting tobacco use.
- My Last Dip - MyLastDip is a free Web-based intervention that is designed to help young smokeless tobacco users quit.
- Kill the Can - This website offers free resources and tools to help dip, snuff, and chewing tobacco users quit. Along with useful information, it offers a support forum and a live quit chat room.
- Become an Ex - The EX plan teaches you how to re-learn life without cigarettes in 3 steps - all geared to help make the seemingly impossible possible.
- Freedom from Smoking® Online Program - On-line program from the American Lung Association consisting of seven modules, each containing four lessons, to assist you in quitting tobacco. Participants are also encouraged to participate in message boards to give and receive support as they go through the quit process.