Martin Luther King, Jr. Drum Major Award
The Lincoln University Martin Luther King, Jr. Drum Major Award is presented to a Lincoln University faculty or staff member who has demonstrated the principles set forth by the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. This award is presented annually by the Office of Student Activities during the on-campus Martin Luther King Celebration.
- All faculty, staff, and students are able to nominate any current or retired University faculty/staff member.
- Prior recipients are ineligible for nomination.
- Nominees will be judged on the following criteria:
- Service to Lincoln University
- Service to the Community
- Honors and Achievements
- Examples of ideals set for by Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Examples include: equality, human rights, and suffrage.
- All nomination submissions should include the following:
- Completed nomination form
- Any supporting documents such as resumes, newspaper articles, etc…
- A committee consisting of faculty, staff, and students will select the recipient based on the nomination criteria.
- The recipient of the Drum Major Award will be notified by the Office of Student Activities and will be presented with the award at the annual celebration in January.
- Nomination deadline dates are announced via campus email annually.
- Nominations may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to delivered to the Office of Student Activities Scruggs University Center, Room B-12.