The Staff Council shall serve as a representative body of all Lincoln University staff employees and as a major advisory body to the university president.
• To promote opportunities for communication and collaboration among members of the staff, and between staff and students, faculty, administrators, alumni, and other Lincoln University stakeholders;
• To provide a forum for discussion of staff-related issues;
• To represent, collectively, staff issues and concerns;
• To make recommendations concerning staff issues to the university president or appropriate administrator or committee;
• To ensure adequate staff representation on university committees, in university planning, and in university decision-making that affects the institution as a whole;
• To ensure recognition of the value of staff contributions both individually and collectively.