The mission of the Office of Sponsored Research and Grants (OSRG) is to provide information, direction and technical assistance services to faculty and staff in obtaining external funds to engage in research, instruction and other special projects; promote accountability and compliance; and serve as steward for externally sponsored programs.
The Office of Sponsored Research & Grants serves as a liaison and facilitator among principal investigators, University administration and funding agencies to ensure the proper submittal of application for research and programmatic grants. The OSRG responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review all external proposals for compliance with applicable guidelines, rules, and regulations prior to submission;
- Assist with grant and contract proposal preparation and sponsor negotiation;
- Provide administrative support and guidance to faculty and staff involved with sponsored programs;
- Assist faculty and staff with budget preparation;
- Submit grant proposal to appropriate funding agency;
- Disseminate funding opportunities;
- Organize and facilitate sponsored program related workshops; and
- Maintain grant files, monitor grants activity, cooperative agreements and contracts
The primary goal of the Office of Sponsored Research & Grants (OSRG) is to assist University faculty and staff in identifying extramural funding support for research, instruction and other special projects.
- Increase the number of faculty and staff pursuing extramural funding support appropriate to Lincoln University.
- Increase the number of faculty and staff who are preparing and submitting proposals for extramural funding support pursuant to the policies and guidelines of the University.
- Increase the number of seminars/workshops and provide ongoing technically assistance to faculty and staff actively pursing grant fund.
For more information:
Office of Sponsored Research and Grants
820 Chestnut Street
304 Young Hall
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0029
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.