Filing for a Degree
Undergraduate students should file for graduation with the Office of the Registrar no later than the start of the semester in which he/she will graduate. A student must file on or before the last day to file for degrees for the semester in which the degree is to be received, in accordance with the deadline date listed in the Academic Calendar.
1. Student goes to their advisor to request a major or minor checklist.
2. The advisor completes the checklist and forwards it to their Department Head along with a current telephone contact number for the student.
3. The Department Head verifies the checklist and forwards it to the Office of the Registrar.
4. The Registrar does an initial check by reviewing the major checklist and the general education checklist to ensure that the student will meet all graduation requirements upon completion of the student's current coursework (subtract developmental work, add total hours, counts upper division hours, etc.).
5. If the student has met the initial check, the Registrar's Office will contact the student at the contact number provided on the checklist or by campus e-mail. Once contacted, the student will be able to file by first paying the $40.00 graduation fee to the Cashier's Office and then completing the "Application for Degree" form located in the Registrar's Office. If the student is short total hours, upper division hours or not registered in the required courses they will not be allowed to file.
6. If the student comes to the Office of the Registrar to file and we do not have a major checklist from the Department Head, the student will need to follow up with their advisor and check back with the Registrar's Office.