Screen Saver Passwords
What It Will Do
Per the LUTC Physical Workstation Security Measures , OIT is configuring all PC's screen savers to the following settings.
- Screen saver timeout of 15 minutes for faculty, administration, and staff computers.
- Screen saver passwords. A user will need to login to the screen saver before they can use the computer again.
What It Won't Do
While on screen saver your computer will keep running. The screen saver will not cause the computer to:
- Close programs
- Lose any saved or unsaved documents or data.
Why are we doing this? In simplest terms we are protecting people by:
- Protecting student personal data
- Preventing unauthorized access to student data
- Preventing identity theft
- Complying with information security best practices