LU Network Connections
Wired Internet Access
To access the wired network at Lincoln in the residence halls you must have:
- A PC/MAC (desktop or laptop) with an ethernet card
- An ethernet (CAT5 or CAT6) cable to plugin to the wall. These are available in the LU Bookstore.
- An antivirus application with a current subscription is strongly advised to prevent virus/spyware infection, along with the latest patches to your operating system. OIT will provide a subscription to Mcafee Antivirus free of charge if you do not have your own application and also recommend software to help prevent spyware. This download is only available from on campus.
Wireless Internet Access
There are approximately 200 Access Points across campus providing wireless connectivity. All buildings on Lincoln's campus have wireless connectivity available.
To access the wireless network at Lincoln (LUWireless), you must have:
- A PC/MAC (desktop, laptop, netbook, tablet, or smartphone) with a wireless (Wi-Fi) network card.
- Have your wireless antenna turned on to see the network and connect (usually a button or function key on laptops).
- A Lincolnl login to login once you're connected to the network. If you don't know your email login information, you may contact the OIT helpdesk for assistance.
- An antivirus application with a current subscription is strongly advised to prevent virus/spyware infection, along will the latest patches to your operating system. OIT will provide a subscription to Mcafee Antivirus free of charge.
Your computer should be able to detect the wireless network "LUWireless", and connect to it automatically. If your computer does not see the wireless network and your wireless antenna is on, you may need to manually configure it to connect by following these instructions.
If you need assistance with connecting to the wireless network you may make an appointment with OIT helpdesk. OIT is not resourced to provide assistance for all software/hardware issues. A listing of vendors to assist you in the purchase and/or repair of you system may be provided upon request.
Residence Hall Internet Gaming
The Lincoln University network is protected by a campus wide Firewall. File sharing and P2P applications are not permitted. Requests for games to be opened on the firewall can be made using this form. Once complete the form is to be delivered to the OIT Help Desk on the 1st floor of Schweich Hall.