Casual Employment PTR Form
- Data Field Definitions
- Temporary Casual Employee
- Supplemental Casual Appointment
Data Field Definitions
NAE Demographic Information: Complete all data fields for the first time LU employees
- Obtain demographic information from employment application such as name and address.
- Complete campus address, phone number and email at time of form completion, if known. If off campus please indicate location.
- Subsequent PTRs can include just name and Datatel Number in demographic fields
- Position Title – Casual
- Casual Category-See below guidelines by category
- Position Control Number (CPN)-established by HR department for any benefit eligible position
- Department Name –full name or acronym
- Preferred Start Date- start date that will be coordinated between HR and department after background screening completed
- Stop Date - department will determine stop date
- The position will generally be ongoing until time of termination. If termination occurs before stated stop date, the department needs to submit a PTR stating such date.
- Salary: for Graduate Assistants only for primary casual appoints; Stipend payments can be for supplemental casual appointments for existing employee.
- Hourly Rate – enter the hourly rate
- Projected Total Hours-department calculates based on FTE status times length of appointment
- FTE Status - hours expected to work in the week, (i.e. 40 hours=1 FTE, 20 hours=.5 FTE, etc)
- Position Type Code - full time temporary: TEFT; or, Temporary Part Time: TPTM
- Job Classification - CA (Casual Appointment)
- Pay Cycle- MM (Mid-month) for hourly pay; EM for most stipend payments
- Total Budgeted Cost for Position- department calculates based on hourly rate of pay times projected total hours
- Comments: Reason for assignment-project, service or activity