Financial Aid Checklist
Financial Aid Checklist…..Helpful things to do:
The financial aid checklist is designed to provide you with information about the documents that our office requires and a suggested timeline by which to complete the financial aid process. Please review it carefully and contact our office via mail, phone, or email for additional assistance.
- Several steps must be taken before your application for financial aid is complete.
- Keep in mind also that each application is considered individually. This may require additional information in addition to what is listed below. Once you have initiated your application, the Department of Student Financial Aid will notify you as to what documents are needed to complete your file.
- The information in [brackets] indicates the time prior to your first day of class that each step should be completed by in order to receive optimum consideration of your application.
- The Department of Student Financial Aid can normally make an initial determination of your eligibility when all of these items have been received.
- Six to eight weeks prior to your scheduled class start date an award letter will be mailed to you, which details your maximum eligibility. Additional information may accompany your award letter. The steps stated must be submitted to secure funds.
|Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Mail this form to the federal processor after it has been completed [5 MONTHS]|
|Verification Form. This form will be sent to you by the Department of Student Financial Aid after it has been determined that your application has been selected for verification by the Department of Education (Noted on your Student Aid Report (SAR) with and asterisk (*) next to your EFC number). Forward the completed Verification Form and SIGNED AND DATED copies of your (and your spouse's or parents' if applicable) federal tax forms to the Department of Student Financial Aid. [2 MONTHS]|
After You Receive An Award Letter…..what to do next
|Award Letter. This is for your information. It is not required to return it to our office. The process to accept/reject all or any portion of your award is stated in a letter accompanying your award letter. You do not need to return a signed copy of the award letter to receive the aid that it details, however, you do need to log in to Web Advisor to accept/reject your financial aid. If you wish to only accept one semester, please indicate that on Web Advisor. If you wish to accept an amount less than stated on your award letter, please indicate the amount on your Student Loan Data Sheet. [ASAP]|
|Federal Direct Loan Application (sometimes referred to as Student Loan Data Sheet or Student Loan Request Form). If you have been awarded and wish to receive a Federal Direct Loan, you must follow the link from the Confirmation Screen on Web Advisor. Steps are listed on a letter that is enclosed with your award letter. [ASAP]|
|Miscellaneous. If any other additional forms or requests for information have been mailed to you along with or after your award letter, you will need to complete them and return to the Department of Student Financial Aid to secure those funds. [ASAP]|