Hamed El-Mashad, Ph.D.
Biomass and Bioenergy Engineering
- Phone: (573) 681-5963
- E-mail: El-MashadH@LincolnU.edu
- Address: 314 Foster Hall, Lincoln University, Jefferson City, Missouri 65101
- B.Sc. (1995) and M.Sc. (1998), Mansoura University, Egypt
- Ph.D. 2003, Wageningen University, The Netherlands.
The primary research areas are conversion of biomass materials into bioenergy and valuable products and bioenvironmental engineering. Research experiences include:
- Incorporation of a solar heating system in thermophilic anaerobic digestion process
- Mathematical modeling of anaerobic digestion of solid animal wastes
- Rheological properties of dairy manure
- Codigestion of food waste and dairy manure
- Biohydrogen production from food waste via dark fermentation
- Anaerobic digestion of autoclaved municipal solid wastes (MSW)
- Production of biogas and particleboard material from saline creeping wild ryegrass
- Biodiesel production from salmon processing wastes
- Physical and rheological properties of salmon oil and its derived biodiesel
- Mathematical modeling of ethanol emissions from corn silage
- Greenhouse gases emissions from dairy farms
- Liu, G., Zhang, El-Mashad, H.M. and Dong, R. (2011). Biogasification of green and food wastes using anaerobic-phased solids digester system. Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol. (In Press)
- El-Mashad, H.M., Zhang, R. and Green, J. (2011). Anaerobic Biodegradability of Selected Biodegradable Plastics and Biobased Products. Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering (In Press).
- El-Mashad, H.M., Zhang, R., Arteaga, V., Rumsey, T. and Mitloehner, F.M. (2011). Volatile fatty acids and alcohols production during anaerobic storage of dairy manure. Transactions of ASABE 54(2):599-607.
- El-Mashad, H.M., Zhang, R., Rumsey, T., Hafner, S., Montes, F., Alan Rotz, C., Arteaga, V., Zhao, Y., Mitloehner, F. M. (2010). ِA mass transfer model of ethanol emission from thin layers of corn silage. Trans. ASABE 53:1903-1909.
- El-Mashad, H.M. and Zhang, R. (2010). Biogas production from co-digestion of dairy manure and food waste. Bioresource Technology 101: 4021–4028.
- Liu, G., Zhang, R., El-Mashad, H.M. and Dong, R. (2009). Effect of Feed to Inoculum Ratios on Biogas Yields of Food and Green Wastes. Accepted in Bioresource Technology 100 : 5103-5108.
- Pan, J., Fadel, J. G., Zhang , R., El-Mashad, H.M., Ying, Y. and Rumsey, R. (2009). Evaluation of sample preservation methods for poultry manure. Poultry Science 88 :1528–1535
- Zheng, Y., Pan, Z., Zhang, R., El-Mashad, H.M., Pan, J. and Jenkins, B.M. (2009). Anaerobic digestion of saline creeping wild ryegrass for biogas production and pre-treatment of particleboard material. Bioresource Technology 100 (4):1582–1588.